Chef De Partie
Job Description - Chef De Partie
- Friday to Sunday Nights off*
- 5 days per week
- Live in accommodation if required (May 2023)
- Flexible rota
- Gym/Spa membership
* We may require you occasionally for special events & growth of the Brasserie.
We are looking for an experienced chef looking for career progression as a Chef de Partie with development into Junior Sous Chef in our Brasserie at AquaManda.
This is a New position to develop this very popular part of the business.
Our Brasserie has a high quality reputation for fresh Thai food created and prepared by our Thai Head Chef. You will be working alongside her in this amazing new role to develop the consistency and quality of our business and in turn your personal development of the menu for our members, spa days guests and residents with your own ideas.
We are welcoming your application to join our team and offer a flexible work balance of hours to ensure that our business continues to develop and your lifestyle is rewarded as part of our approach to improve the role in a kitchen environment.
Scope and Purpose of the role
You will be involved with our special events, functions and special menus showcasing your ideas and supported by our kitchen team for all training and developments you will be a key part of our future.
To prepare and cook to our high standards of home made and home cooked menus. Using fresh ingredients and the opportunity to work on all aspects of the kitchen from starters, main course and deserts to afternoon tea, buffets and our Thai Menu.
- Lead and develop your section of the Kitchen effectively through teamwork, skill, initiative and communication and assume a leadership role in support of the Head Chef during all periods of service.
- To be responsible for preparing all dishes, sauces, preparation in the kitchen which complement the menu and meet the high standards the Hotel expects.
- Being part of an effective team who provide smooth and friendly cooperation, communication, training & mentoring within the kitchen
- To ensure effective daily communication with relevant departments to support an effective working relationship so service from the Kitchen is professional and effectively managed.
- Training, supervising and assisting all kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and presentation of all dishes so a consistently high level of food preparation is always provided across all areas of the kitchen.
- Responsible for ensuring the training records are continually up to date and accurate. Requesting training as needed.
- To put new ideas forward which will improve the smooth running of the department.
- Comply with statutory and legal requirements for Hygiene, Health and Safety and other legislation, ensuring that members of the kitchen team are also aware of these requirements.
- Flexible and willing to meet the demands of the business.
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with the post holder’s level of responsibility and seniority as may reasonable be required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience required or level 2-3 catering or pub/restaurant.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices and understanding of trends and new styles.
- Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination with the aim of delighting and surprising our customers.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to continually improve; reliable and accurate.
- Food Hygiene qualifications and professional cooking qualification can be achieved as part of your employment.
- Approachable and dedicated to ensure that the highest standards are always achieved.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: